New York Power Authority (NYPA) engaged LCI to develop strategic and tactical recommendations for logistics and supply chain improvement and cost reductions. The scope-of-work and recommendations cover:
- Logistics Network Study
- Inventory/asset management and purchasing strategy and operations under SAP and Maximo
- Strategy for vendor managed inventory
- Strategy for disposal of excess/obsolete inventory
- Warehouse location, process and operations, technology selection
- Product ID technology recommendation for asset management
- Operating process reengineering under SAP for operating efficiencies
The solution involves consolidation of purchasing and procurement. A reduced and consolidated warehousing network of using state-of-the practice COTS WMS software interfaced to SAP. New warehouses will be conventional and energy efficient following green design principles for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
The new warehouse was competed in 2009.